Once you've downloaded the Toolkit, go to Getting Started for detailed directions.
- Apr 4 2013 - We released a minor version which fixes some issues with Bonebus mode and Unity Free.
- Mar 24 2013 - We released a minor version of the Toolkit, which fixes a few VHBuilder bugs, adds support for Unity 4.1, includes an updated SmartBody version and updates Java to 1.6.0_43.
- Mar 6 2013 - We are excited to bring you a variety of new features in the latest Toolkit release. Our integrated authoring suite VHBuilder allows you to very quickly get basic characters up and running. Look at our first ever tutorial movie here! In addition, our new Machinima Maker allows you to make your own virtual human cut-scenes right from the Unity Editor. Finally, we added a few more characters you can use with the Unity Editor. Enjoy!
- Feb 12 2013 - The latest Toolkit release fixes a couple of recent regressions. It now loads correctly again on 32-bit systems, the SmartBody Monitor works again, as well as the TTS debug button. In addition, we made a number of smaller upgrades and improvements, for a full list see the Release Notes.
- Jan 11 2013 - We released a minor version of the Toolkit today. Java is now included in the distribution and no longer a 3rd party dependency. Unity has been updated to version 4 and Ogre to 1.8.1. In addition, character creation with SmartBody has been simplified and asset loading has been streamlined. See the Release Notes for details.
See Release Notes and News Archive for older notesdetails.
The goal of the Virtual Human Toolkit developed by the University of Southern California Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) is to make creating virtual humans easier and more accessible, and thus expand the realm of virtual human research and applications.